Hasmonean School for Girls is very proud to have been awarded the Wellbeing Award for Schools, thanks in no small part to the efforts of Mrs Waugh. Part of the process included a full day verification (assessment) of all stakeholders (parents, staff, governors and students), all of our files, our school and all eight objectives. The award was developed in partnership with the National Children’s Bureau (NCB).
This whole-school award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place to promote the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both staff and students.
The award has a focus on changing the long-term culture of a school, and embedding an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, schools can:
• Show their commitment to promoting mental health as part of school life
• Improve the emotional wellbeing of their staff and students
• Ensure mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
• Offer provision and interventions that matches the needs of its students and staff
• Engage the whole-school community in the importance of mental health awareness
• Capture the views of parents, students and teachers on mental health issues
The school will hold the award until 2022, during which time Hasmonean School for Girls will continue to develop its wellbeing services.